Art for Corporate and Individual Worship

Art for Corporate and Individual Worship
By Glenda L. Skinner-Noble

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pointalism, Crumblism, or Barkalism?

I am working on the 5th drawing within my "The Women With Jesus" series.  In each work I am trying a new technique.  During this most recent work, "The Woman who Touched Jesus' Cloak," I have been inspired to try pointalism.  However, with a medium as firm as oil pastels, I have discovered it to be more like "crumblism," as the pastels seem to crumble all over the illustration board.  However, our sweet Chihuahua, Pepi, has renamed the technique once again.  She doesn't appreciate all the taps that this process makes on the board.   Her response to all this tapping has caused me to think this piece has been more "barkalism" than anything else.  Yet despite the crumbs and the barking, the process is creating an effect that I believe is worth all the chaos.  I'll post an image of "The Woman" soon.

2 comments: