Art for Corporate and Individual Worship

Art for Corporate and Individual Worship
By Glenda L. Skinner-Noble

Monday, April 11, 2011

Conte Crayons

I am working on my first portrait, a drawing of my soon to be 7 year old, Samuel Z.  I had initially planned for this portrait to be a black and white and wanted to use graphite since I hate the dryness that charcoal brings to the hands.  Yet my drawing professor had already said in an earlier critique that graphite is very predictable.  So wanting use this intermediate drawing class to try a number of mediums and techniques, I decided I would try the unopened, undiscovered box of Conte crayons, to Prof. Burt Harbison's suggestion.  Great effect.  Moves fast on the paper.  But if I don't like the dryness of charcoal on my hands and up my nose, why did I ever hope Conte crayon would be better???  Here's to a hopefully great portrait of Sam, dry hands, and lots of sneezes!

No comments:

Post a Comment